Have you been referred to West Suburban Animal Hospital for arthroscopy? Please don’t forget to read the Referral Policy and bring these important things to your consultation:
- Any recent radiographs or blood work from your family veterinarian
- Any current medications your pet is taking
- A completed Referral Form
Need to schedule your consultation?
for more information
What is Arthroscopy?
Arthroscopy is a surgical technique used to visualize, diagnose and treat intra-articular (inside a joint) problems. It is a minimally-invasive procedure and allows for a more thorough, as well as magnified, inspection of the joint. Diagnoses can be made that would otherwise be missed by the naked eye.
Once a diagnosis is made, many conditions can be treated arthroscopically, including:
- Elbow dysplasia
- OCD of the shoulder, elbow, knee, and ankle
- Craniate cruciate ligament repairs
- Septic arthritis (joint injection)
By avoiding open surgery, post-operative discomfort is minimized, recovery is significantly quicker, and hospitalization time is shorter.